Too Much To Do (Week 1)
Topic: Busyness Scripture: Luke 10:38–10:42, Matthew 5:4, Matthew 6:33, Matthew 6:9–6:13
This side of heaven you’ll never have a stress free life but you can begin to manage it.
1. Is it a pace issue?
2. Is it a trust issue?
- *What is your home like shortly before guests arrive?
- What do you enjoy about formal or informal dinners? Why?
- What is involved in clean-up at your house?
- What did Martha do for Jesus and His disciples? (10:38)
- Who was Mary? (10:39)
- Where was Mary while Jesus was talking? (10:39)
- *What did Mary do while Martha attended to household preparations? (10:39-40)
- How much could Martha concentrate on Jesus’ words while preparing for her guests? (10:40)
- Of what did Martha accuse Jesus? (10:40)
- *Of what did Martha accuse her sister? (10:40)
- What did Martha want Jesus to do? (10:40)
- How did Jesus try to calm down Martha? (10:41)
- *What did Jesus think of the sisters’ choices? (10:41-42)
- How would you describe the "Marys" (male and female) that you know?
- To what extent do you resemble the hurried, frantic personality of Martha?
- *If you had been Martha in this situation, how would you have reacted to your sister’s choice?
- What did Jesus mean when He said that "only one thing is needed"?
- *Why did Jesus favor Mary’s choice?
- In what way do you identify with Mary’s choice in your relationship to Jesus?
- What events or opportunities are coming up in which you can focus on being a student of Christ?
- *What steps can you take this week to help a friend with domestic tasks so that he or she can have more time to pray or read the Bible?